The installation of all auto parts must be carried by experts. Even if you plan to carry out repair of car on your own, expert supervision and approval is needed for this. It is especially true when you are installing critical equipment such as wheels, tires and spacers. But sometimes in case of emergency changing is inevitable. It is important that you should know basics of these processes. It will also help you to understand how the process works for Honda vehicles. Below given instructions are strictly for informational purpose. The important of experts changing auto parts have been stated above already.
Honda wheel spacers changing includes various steps and stages. First get your vehicle serviced from the nearest garage and then start the process of installing adapter. It must be done in a controlled environment where you have the necessary tools to perform installation. You will need following things:
- Jack stand
- Automotive jack
- Torque wrench
- Wire brush
- Breaker bar with sockets
- Tire iron
- Shop rag
Once you have all the above equipment, you can start installing the Honda wheel spacer. Follow these steps now.
- First confirm that the adapters you have bought are made your model of Honda car. The mismatch can cause problematic installation. It may not even fit properly.
- For installation, bring your vehicle on hard surface where ground is firm. Leave the breaks lose but do not remove them for the car. The nuts which are attached to the hub are important to keep the vehicle in firm position.
- Now take the automotive jack and slide it inside the vehicle. You can now lift the vehicle at proper height. The height should be sufficient to elevate the vehicle’s one tire from ground. The another jack should be installed to support the height. It also acts as safely measure in case the other jack fails. Do not work under vehicle which is elevated by single jack.
- Slowly remove the lug nut of the raised wheel. Remove the main part of wheel from the hub of car. Degreaser should be spread properly on the lug stud. Clean these parts properly with the help of rag. The hub is mostly dusty due to constant exposure to roads and outdoors. It might be rusted as well during rainy season. Clean that using wire brush and degreaser.
- Loctite solution can be used to secure the space. Use on drop of that each on every wheel stud. Then place the spacer on clean hub. Make sure that all holes and studs are matching with the hub. Attach it properly to the hub now. Fit the equipment using bolts and nuts. Tighter all the nuts using the driver.
- Remove all the jacks now and repeat step 1 to 5 for all the wheels.
- After that’s done, it is time to verify all the work done by you. Double check every fitting and nuts installed by you because it may affect the safely of vehicle. It is also suggested that you should get this installation checked by professional mechanic after the process is over.